Employment at Wayne Senior Center provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals committed to serving older adults.
Wayne Senior Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne Senior Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law. All employment related decisions will be made on the basis of skills, ability, experience, education, training, and other factors related to what is required of the specific position.
How to Apply
Review the posted open positions and email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject Line of the email. All resumes are carefully reviewed. Candidates who most closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
Program Manager, FT
Salary Range: $40,000-$43,000
· Reliable resource for members of the Center – easily accessible for questions, can resolve disputes and makes people feel welcome.
· Along with Executive Director and Program Coordinator, research, develop and implement creative and innovative Center programming including but not limited to educational, technology, health and wellness, intergenerational, nutritional, recreational and social. Keep on top of trends in aging and senior centers.
· Schedule, manage, and occasionally implement evidence based programming (ie. CDSM, Aging Mastery etc.)
· Research, develop and implement program calendar for older adults at new satellite location in Wayne (launching in Fall 2019).
· Build relationships with community partners in order to reach new audiences through increased variety of programming, both in and outside of the Center.
· Assist in developing and coordinating special events at the center and within the community.
· Develop and implement evaluation tools for Center programming. Administer annual member survey.
· Write copy for bi-monthly newsletter and oversee production with print house and mailing.
· Assist Executive Director in managing and updating Center website and calendar.
· Assist Executive Director in producing content for social media accounts.
· Other duties as necessary.
· 4-year degree in gerontology, social services, human services, recreation programming, similar field or 5 years experience in aging field
· Familiarity with evidence based programming for older adults a plus
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service and public speaking skills
· Respect and compassion for older adults.
· Positive attitude and respectful sense of humor are essential
· Computer skills; experience with Facebook, Instagram, Canva, Eleo, Co-Pilot and Squarespace is a plus (or willingness to learn)
· Ability to multi-task
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Flexible schedule – occasional nights and weekends
· Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance as required by the state
· Other duties as necessary.
Reports to the Executive Director.
No phone calls please.